The next DGFF Congress will be held from September 30th to October 3rd, 2015, in Ludwigsburg, Germany. Please visit the Conference Website.
What is the DGFF?
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Fremdsprachenforschung [German Society for Foreign (and Second) Language Research] aims to bring together researchers in one or more of the following fields:
- teaching and learning foreign languages;
- acquisition and use of second languages;
- intercultural learning.
Currently, the DGFF has more than 400 members worldwide and would like to invite researchers sharing our goals to join the association.
Main Goals of the DGFF
- to support research related to foreign language learning and SLA;
- to promote second and foreign language learning and teaching in universities, schools and other institutions of learning;
- to provide support to young academics in FLA/SLA research;
- to improve and implement institutional standards for FLA/SLA research, language teaching and the education of foreign language teachers at universities and other institutions in tertiary education.
- organisation of a biennial conference on foreign and second language education and research;
- publication of the peer-reviewed journal Zeitschrift für Fremdsprachenforschung;
- publication of the book series Beiträge zur Fremdsprachenforschung;
- funding of regional research symposia and symposion publications;
- organisation of annual conferences for young academics.